Fertecon, part of IHS Markit, is the world’s most respected provider of market information and analysis on fertilizers and fertilizer raw materials. We have provided a reliable source of information to the industry for over 30 years. Services range from current market and price reports through to in-depth long-term supply/demand and price forecast studies.
This role is central to our provision of news, information and analysis of all products. You will be responsible for collating, processing and analysing market information on production, prices, consumption and trade of various products and using this information to create value-added content for our publications.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Source, analyse and report on price, production and trade data across various sectors of the fertilizer business
- Contribute to and, at times, produce the current information reports on time to the required standard.
- Attend industry events to develop contacts, acquire information and promote the HIS Markit/Fertecon brand
- Undertake holiday/travel/sickness cover for current information products
- Produce your own products in Word, work with Excel, the database and publish your content onto the website
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree level qualification or equivalent is essential
- Experience in commodity markets, notably fertilizers, or agriculture is advantageous
- Ability and experience of working in a team, with a mindset to collaborate, innovate and grow
- Ability to collate, process and analyse market information on prices, production, consumption/trade
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write articulate and reliable copy for the current information reports
- Confidence to interact in-person, via phone, email and digital messaging with market participants on a regular basis
- Ability to deal with clients at a high level to discuss fertilizer market developments.
- Well-honed secondary research and analytical skills with the ability to uncover unique insights
- Use of initiative to explore and research topical and relevant leads
- Advanced PC skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to contribute to the collaborative development of new products and templates.
- Superior organizational skills including time management; the ability to plan and deliver weekly products and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with Sales, Marketing, PR and press teams to enhance awareness of products and services
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
- Address London, UK