An international independent commodity trading and logistics company in London, is seeking to hire a dynamic & professional associate to work within the St James’s office. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious person to gain experience in M&A and deal sourcing opportunities.
- Assist in origination activities including market research, organising and attending meetings, taking notes and maintaining a pipeline tracker of potential investment opportunities.
- Evaluate new investment opportunities and assist the team in considering returns in the context of identified risks and their mitigations.
- Complete financial, legal and technical due diligence on new investment opportunities, primarily through appointing and managing specialist external advisors.
- Preparation of investment papers detailing new opportunities.
- Assist in the preparation of transaction contracts – reviewing and assisting negotiations of contractual terms.
- Managing interactions with legal advisors.
- Maintain and enhance the quality and integrity of data captured and reported.
- Proactively seek out improvements to maximise value for company.
- A strong team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, challenge and liaise with – colleagues at all levels of seniority.
- Prior experience is required, ideally in an industrial or in a corporate finance team.
- Strong commercial mindset, able to own investment decision making and understand the impact on potential investments.
- Exceptional project management and organisational skills. Evidence of managing complex workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- A degree or background in petrochemicals or engineering or industrials.
- A self-starter with tenacity, initiative and a willingness to commit whatever it takes to deliver the required results.
- Ability to communicate with and influence a broad range of individuals, ranging from team members, project developers, landowners, project finance teams, lawyers, technical advisors, policymakers, and potential investors.
- Fluent in English and another European language with a preference for Spanish or Portuguese and a right to work in the United Kingdom.
We offer an excellent opportunity for the candidate with the right spirit and qualifications. The salary package offered will be commensurate with your background and relevant professional experience.
If you are interested in taking on this challenging opportunity, please send your application by clicking on the apply link.
- Address London, UK