Join the team and make a difference to women and children across Harrow on a fixed-term contract basis as an IDVA.
Position: IDVA – Domestic Abuse
Location: Harrow, London
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday – Friday (core hours 10.00-16.00)
Contract: Fixed-term contract until 31st March 2021
Salary: £24,408 to £25,104 per annum
Benefits: Company Mobile Phone, Company Pension, Employee Discounts, Generous Holiday, Great Working Environment, In House Training, Progression Opportunities, Recognised Qualifications, Travel/Season Ticket Loans, Laptop.
Closing Date: 2 September 2020
Join a vibrant charity that has been supporting and empowering vulnerable adults and children since 1970. With its 50th anniversary approaching, it is an exciting time to join the team!
Harrow Domestic Abuse Services delivers an Independent Domestic Violence Advocacy service and Safety Planning across the London Borough of Harrow. This is a welcoming team constructed of a Police IDVA, Community IDVA, Safety Planner within Social Service and a Floating Support Worker. The team provide highly efficient support to High and Medium Risk Service Users who have been affected by Domestic Abuse.
This role is not without its challenges, but it is also immensely rewarding with the option to do multi-agency work and work with a diverse community. You will be able to attend court, manage your own workload and enjoy regular team meetings and supervision as well as access to Clinical Supervision also with a trained professional.
The charity offers a culture of learning and development, with access to an extensive range of learning and development opportunities as well as genuine career progression.
If the values of being respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous resonate with you, please apply!
As an IDVA, you will have:
- Knowledge of the support needs and support planning of women and children experiencing domestic violence.
- Knowledge of the Criminal Justice System
- The ability to provide case working support to clients.
- Experience of working within a multi-agency setting.
- Awareness of risks associated with domestic violence in a working environment.
- Knowledge of legal, statutory, regulatory, and good practice requirements applicable to the provision of supported housing.
- Working knowledge of the relevant housing law and welfare benefits that apply to women and children using the service.
- Knowledge of legal remedies available to women experiencing domestic violence.
- The means to provide an out of hours on call service as part of the On-call rota
- The willingness to mentor pool workers, students and trainees as required across the organisation.
- Previous experience of using computer-based systems to accurately record work and client details
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to manage complex tasks in clearly defined time frames
- Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
Section 7(2) b & e of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 apply to this position – (Only Female applicants please). Please confirm if you identify as female.
About the Organisation
The charity supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions by campaigning and advocating nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, the organisation supports people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis.
Applications from candidates with lived experience are welcomed, the organisation is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
You may also have experience in areas such as Independent Domestic Violence Advocacy, Safety Planning, Safety Planner, Safety Advisor, Safety Planning Advisor, Safety Planning Officer, Domestic Abuse, VAWG, Housing, Social Housing, Criminal, Civil Legislation, Welfare Rights Legislation, Support Planning, Support Planner, Safeguarding, IDVA, IDVA Safety Planner, Welfare Advisor, Benefits and Welfare, Benefits Advisor.
- Independent Domestic Violence Advocacy
- Address Harrow, UK
- Salary Offer £24,408 to £25,104
- Salary Type Yearly