A top 100 law firm requires a litigation associate to provide litigation and advisory services to the insurance industry and commercial clients. undertakes a broad range of substantial, challenging work, largely of a contentious nature. This includes claims against a wide variety of professional service providers together with insurance and reinsurance disputes. This role will focus largely on claims and related insurance issues concerning commercial organisations such as building contractors, engineers, architects, surveyors, investment managers, insurers, fund managers and financial advisers. The coverage disputes element of the role will cover a range of insurance policies including PI, EL/PL, D&O, CAR and property.
What you need
- At least 5 years’ PQE or equivalent
- Experience of insurance litigation and policy coverage analysis is essential
- Experience of construction professional indemnity claims is essential
- Understanding of commercial insurance policies, the insurance market, reporting arrangements, reserving philosophies, and the relationship between brokers, underwriters/insurers and lawyers is highly desirable
- Previous secondment to or employment with an insurance organisation would be advantageous
- Ability to work to deadlines / targets, to prioritise and manage a caseload and deliver effective solutions
If you’re interested in this role, please click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact Chris Rafferty for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Address Manchester, UK