Castlefield Recruitment are currently working with a Local Authority within Greater Manchester going through a period of change to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their Finance Team on an interim basis. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with previous Local Authority experience to come in and be a part of a developing team.
This role is suitable for remote working for the length of the contract.
The Senior Accountant will play an integral role in the finance team key role within the Finance Team to curate the preparation of accounts and improvement of financial analysis to support key future decisions and growth plans.
Duties will include;
- Preparation of forecasting and budgeting
- Liaising and business partnering with internal and externals
- Provide high quality financial advice and support to managers in regards to their financial responsibilities
- Support the council’s to enable preparation of medium term financial plans
- Improve forecasting provided by services through challenge and assurance
- Support with costing service transformation and redesign options
- This position will suit a motivated part qualified or fully qualified Accountant
- Ability to communicate effectively and partner with Senior Management and non-finance staff
- Have Local Government experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Address Manchester, UK