EARLY YEARS LEARNING SUPPORT PRACTITIONER
DE HAVILLAND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Part Time Position (34.75 hours per week) Term Time plus 5 INSET days
Working Pattern – Monday and Friday 08.15 – 15.30, Tuesday – Thursday 08.30 – 15.30
(plus 1.75 hours per week to be worked flexibly)
Pay Spine H3 Point 5: £19,312 + £626 fringe allowance
Actual Salary including fringe – £15,945.81 per annum
Required from April 2021
We are seeking an Early Years Learning Support Practitioner to work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing specialist Early Years Support.
We would like you to have:
- A natural aptitude to work with children
- NVQ level 2 in numeracy & literacy (or equivalent e.g. able to demonstrate that they meet the age-related expectations for a Year 6 pupil in English and maths as a minimum requirement).
- An additional relevant EYFS qualification, or relevant experience working with the EYFS
- Intermediate knowledge of ICT and confident to deliver teaching and learning using ICT
- Understanding of Keeping Children Safe in Education and their responsibilities for Safeguarding
- Understanding of Health and Safety in relation to young children and their learning environment
- Secure knowledge of First Aid and willingness to undertake Paediatric First Aid training (provided by the school).
- Understanding of the School’s ethos and values
- Understanding of the SEND Code of Practice
- Understanding of school policies and willing and able to work within these
- Effective communicator (both written and verbal)
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Has a solution-focused approach to problem solving (a ‘Can do attitude’)
- Active Listener
- Motivated to learn new strategies to support learners
- A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
- NVQ Level 3 in Childcare
We can offer:
- A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school
- The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
- The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
- Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
How to make an application:
- The full job description and an application form can be downloaded from the school website
- Completed applications to be emailed to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Monday 12th April 2021. Please email to email@example.com
- Please include a covering letter and completed application form with the contact details of two referees.
- We reserve the right to close the advert early should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, early application is advised
- Interview date Thursday, 15th April 2021
Web: www.dehavilland.herts.sch.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Travellers Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 8TQ
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
- Address Travellers Lane, Hatfield, UK
- Contact Number 07917 035962
- Salary Offer £15945.81
- Salary Type Yearly